Sunday, October 31, 2010
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Just 'make && notify-me'. You will get a tray notification when the build is complete. Code is not mine, it's ripped from some site.
"""This is a python 2.5 script that creates a notification using dbus."""
item = ('org.freedesktop.Notifications')
path = ('/org/freedesktop/Notifications')
interface = ('org.freedesktop.Notifications')
icon = ''
array = ''
hint = ''
time = 10000 # Use seconds x 1000
app_name = ('Test Application')
title = ('Whatever it is, is done')
body = ('Its all over.')
bus = dbus.SessionBus()
notif = bus.get_object(item, path)
notify = dbus.Interface(notif, interface)
notify.Notify(app_name, 0, icon, title, body, array, hint, time)
Monday, October 25, 2010
This endeavor became real thanks to Sam Magnuson from Netflix, who did a lot of the work with me, and helped test and optimize it with a real-world application on TV hardware. also it was his idea and I stole it :)
Working across companies in the context of an open source project made a huge difference - they got better user experience for their application, and we got a QtWebkit feature that's functioning much better in a productized context.
WebKit/WebKitTools/Scripts/build-webkit --qt --qmakearg="CONFIG+=texmap"
Most of the code resides under WebCore/platform/graphics/texmap, and the OpenGL implementation is under WebCore/platform/graphics/opengl.
Friday, October 22, 2010
Release Notes for qtwebkit-2.1-week42 - Changes since qtwebkit-2.1-week41
8 bugs, 12 commits
- #39625: [Qt] Sending a QInputMethodEvent::Selection event forces the Editor to go into Composition mode
- #41480: [Qt][Symbian] Variable max heap size between target/emulator
- #43827: [Qt] Unable to load pages on QtTestBrowser after canceling a page load.
- #45363: [Qt] Crash when showing Flash content at staples.com...
- #46186: [Qt] window.close() doesn't work in qt
- #46616: [Qt] 32-bit Flash crashes on repeated SetWindow calls
- #47545: [Qt] Right clicking on Flash in windowless mode crashes
- #47845: QWebPage::ViewportAttributes class is not exported.
- 42e90ac: [Qt] window.close() doesn't work in qt
- 00ea9ca: Winscw build fix
- ec96dfd: Fix winscw cast when returning bool on methods which return Value
- d333d7a: Updated the def file for winscw
- 1be7a0e: Clean up the winscw changes
- 80daa72: [Qt][Symbian] Variable max heap size between target/emulator
- 230afa2: [QT] Unable to load pages on QtTestBrowser after canceling a page load.
- 23549dc: [Qt] Export QWebPage::ViewportAttributes class.
- 1994999: Rubber-stamped by Kenneth Rohde Christiansen.
- 5afae7a: [Qt] Re-enable single-NPP_SetWindow quirk for 64-bit
- e273313: [Qt] Windowless mode 64-bit Flash/X11 freezes when right-click is sent.
- 1d1745e: [Qt] Sending a QInputMethodEvent::Selection event forces the
Friday, October 15, 2010
Release Notes for qtwebkit-2.1-week41 - Changes since qtwebkit-2.1-week40
5 bugs, 6 commits
(slow week due to Qt Dev Days)
- #43484: [Qt] Setting wmode to "opaque" is not necessary for Symbian
- #46287: [Qt] Enable Netscape plugin metadata caching on Linux should not be set in QWebSettings::enablePersistentStorage
- #47426: [Qt] Editing commands should not be executed on non-editable content.
- #47540: [Qt] Update .def file for Symbian
- #47613: [Qt] QtTestBrowser shows two Url input fields
Friday, October 8, 2010
Release Notes for qtwebkit-2.1-week40 - Changes since qtwebkit-2.1-week39
13 bugs, 19 commits
- #40598: [Qt] QtWebkit Crashes on loading CelticKane Standard tests
- #46182: [Qt] On Maemo platform, web style is missing for some inputs
- #46347: [Qt] Remove setDeviceSize methods
- #46461: [Qt] New input style for Qt Mobile theme
- #46755: Viewport data change notification
- #46896: Spatial Navigation: select element does not release focus with Spatial Navigation
- #46901: Spatial Navigation: Press key "down" after page load should bring the focus to the 1st focusable element
- #46920: [Qt] New buttons style for Qt Mobile theme
- #46984: [Qt] Segmentation fault during zoom out
- #46993: Spatial Navigation: Add support for
- #47172: [Qt]Windowless flash plugin is not rendered in Symbian
- #47268: Renaming WebCore::ViewportConfiguration to WebCore::ViewportAttributes
- #47325: [Qt] API: ViewportConfiguration => ViewportArguments
- 0ddd163: [Qt] Fix platform plugin support after r68128
- 1254672: 2010-10-01 Viatcheslav Ostapenko
- e6e21be: 2010-09-28 Luiz Agostini
- cb60b0d: 2010-10-04 Yael Aharon
- c99c5e7: 2010-10-04 Chang Shu
- 22653f2: QtWebkit API 2.1 cleanup.
- 867aa08: 2010-10-04 Yael Aharon
- 5587a3d: Fix RVCT 2.2 def files on Symbian. viewportConfigurationForSize incorrect.
- 3d45725: [Qt] On Maemo platform, web style is missing for some inputs https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=46182
- fd20b0a: 2010-09-27 Ragner Magalhaes
- fb11250: 2010-10-01 Ragner Magalhaes
- 1d5ee2c: 2010-10-01 Ragner Magalhaes
- b2d63cf: [Qt] Remove setDeviceSize methods
- 69b269b: Unreviewed build fix.
- 330d6aa: Build fix due to unsuccessful merge (b2d63cf)
- 88b5ab2: [Qt] Re-enable the web inspector for maemo6 builds
- f188916: 2010-10-06 Luiz Agostini
- 15761d2: 2010-10-07 Andreas Kling
- 009aaea: Windowless flash plugin is not rendered in Symbian https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=47172
One of the things I am working on is the Flash support for Maemo6. And I am finding that the abstractions of QGV, meegotouch, Qt/WebKit are "adding up" resulting in much slower fps than using just plain Qt.
Some time back, Simon explained to me the concept of Accelerate Compositing. WebKit has no AC support for NPAPI plugins but by doing so we can remove the Qt/WebKit overhead when updating frames. Also, it allows us to implement Flash transparency correctly in QGV.
So, yesterday evening, I started hacking on Accelerated Composition (AC) for NPAPI plugins. With help from Noam, I am happy to report that Flash is rendering with AC :-) Expect it to land sometime next week. Here's a screenie with the fps.
(And oh, that's the first screenshot in this blog :)
UPDATE: You can find the initial code at http://gitorious.org/~girish/webkit/girishs-webkit/commits/plugins_ac_35524. https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=35524 is the bugzilla entry.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
I'm down to 1 minute 50 seconds from about 5 minutes. What's your link time? :)
Any other ideas how to improve the linking?
python C:/dev/webkit/WebCore/html/parser/create-html-entity-table -o generated/HTMLEntityTable.cpp C:/dev/webkit/WebCore/html/parser/HTMLEntityNames.in
perl C:/dev/webkit/WebCore/make-hash-tools.pl generated C:/dev/webkit/WebCore/html/DocTypeStrings.gperf
syntax error at C:/dev/webkit/WebCore/make-hash-tools.pl line 149, near "} continue"
syntax error at C:/dev/webkit/WebCore/make-hash-tools.pl line 151, near "}"
Execution of C:/dev/webkit/WebCore/make-hash-tools.pl aborted due to compilation errors.
make: *** [generated\DocTypeStrings.cpp] Error 9
make: Leaving directory `C:/dev/webkit/WebCore'
Failed to generate WebCore's derived sources!
The reason is most likely that the files in your working directory - including the perl script(s) - are checked out with Windows line-endings and your perl version doesn't like it. The build of WebKit works most reliably with Unix linefeeds, so here is how you can convert your existing checkout:
git config core.autocrlf false
git read-tree HEAD
git checkout -f
Monday, October 4, 2010
Release Notes for qtwebkit-2.1-week40 - Changes since qtwebkit-2.1-week38
7 bugs, 9 commits
- #45509: REGRESSION: r61215 broke web views with transparent backgrounds
- #46385: Keep viewport information in Document
- #46617: [Qt] tst_QWebFrame::popupFocus() randomly fail on MeeGo handset because the focus is not set on the window
- #46618: [Qt] : Enable local rendering on Maemo6
- #46706: [Qt] tst_QWebPage::testStopScheduledPageRefresh() fails on MeeGo handset
- #46730: [Qt] Clean up QWebPage::ViewportConfiguration API
- #46812: [Qt] Crash if an scene with accelerated compositing layout during the paint event
- cddf898: 2010-09-27 Benjamin Poulain
- eda6059: 2010-09-27 Girish Ramakrishnan
- 90ea290: 2010-09-24 Luiz Agostini
- d407fb8: 2010-08-18 Laszlo Gombos
- 37291a9: 2010-09-28 Benjamin Poulain
- 9615fdd: 2010-09-28 Andreas Kling
- bf85131: 2010-09-09 Simon Fraser
- 13e454d: 2010-09-29 Andreas Kling
- 35e5a3e: 2010-09-30 Benjamin Poulain